Sadio Mane has refused to discuss his future with Liverpool until after the Champions League final, despite Bayern Munich’s interest in the striker, whose contract is set to expire soon.
Sadio Mane’s future is uncertain ahead of the Champions League final, which might be his final match for Liverpool.
The attacker is approaching the end of his contract, but much of the focus at Anfield has been on Mo Salah, who will be out of contract in little over a year. Bayern Munich have been connected with the Senegal international.
The Reds midfielder, who has a year remaining on his current contract and will be eligible to speak to foreign teams in January, intimated that he has a lot to say about the lack of movement in discussions.
Mane, like Salah, has been unable to agree on a new contract for much of the season, with the Senegalese international insisting on deferring real speculation until after the Africa Cup of Nations final in Paris.
But, in what looked to be a clear suggestion that he had strong sentiments about the issue, he said:
“Honestly, I believe the best response I can give you right now is that I feel very great, and I am entirely focused on the Saturday game. That is the answer I must give before the final.”
According to many sources, the German champions are ready to put Liverpool’s resolve to the test this summer with a bid, as they face the prospect of losing Serge Gnabry, who is also in contract discussions with the Bavarians.
Mane has been tight-lipped about his next move. He’s been a key figure in the Reds’ quest for the quadruple, and he still has a chance to help them win three trophies.
Honestly, the best response I can give you right now is that I feel really well, and I am entirely focused on Saturday’s game.” Mane stated ahead of the European Cup final in Paris.
“That is the response I must provide before the final But if you come back to me on Saturday, I will undoubtedly give you the best response you desire. It’s unique.
Then I’ll tell you everything you want to know. For the time being, let’s go for it since I don’t have time for anything else. I’ll do all I can to win it since it’s mine and all the lads’ greatest ambition, and then I’ll give you the answers.” Luis Diaz was signed by Liverpool in January to enhance their attacking options.
Jurgen Klopp used to have an automatic front three of Mane, Salah, and Roberto Firmino, but now there is competition. Diogo Jota has also demonstrated his worth.
Despite this, Sadio Mane has been a regular this season, scoring 23 times in all competitions. His club achievements have been matched by his national team achievements.
As a result, he’s in the running for the Ballon d’Or. “We’ll give it our best to win it, and then we’ll see what happens with the Ballon d’Or.” Mane said.
“I believe that all of the Liverpool players have set themselves goals from the start of the season, which is to win all of the trophies.”
“So far, we’ve won two and missed one, but the Premier League title belongs to Manchester City, who absolutely earned it. And winning the Champions League would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me and the other lads.”